Saturday, May 21, 2011

mocking pineapples.

I should be clear that in writing in this blog
I SERIOUSLY claim no knowledge on cooking.
or on how to go about this whole eating good thing in general.
I am learning...and this is just me writing down what I learn along the way.

so...you should know I have two organic pineapples that are mocking me.
mocking me because I have never cut up one.
ever.
yup, ever.
the aluminum canned ones have been fine by me for 33 years.
but since we're cutting out aluminum,
I now have two very rough and not friendly pineapples.
mocking me.
I like to eat pineapple...so it's time to learn.:)

so thank you jack in the yellow backwards hat with guy fieri bling.:)
p.s. I'm jealous of his knife, it looks pretty dang serious.
if you've never cut a pineapple either, here you go.

2 comments:

  1. so? how did it go? wasn't it scrumptious??? my uncle was raised in the jungles of the Philipines - no lie - so he was always slicing up fresh fruit with a machete in his kitchen. now that is a knife to be jonesin' after. i hope m&m helped you...i have such vivid memories of diving into F.R.E.S.H. raw fruit - there is just something about knowing that your hands are the first to break it. mmm. i will warn you, it makes the whole portion control concept harder - i could (& have) eat the entire pinapple in one sitting. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good! so not only do you eat healthy, you "portion control" too?! I will never be as good as you...rock. star. :)

    ReplyDelete