Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the diagnosis.

liver dysfuntion.
pancreas dysfunction.
colon dysfunction.
anemia.
hypoglycimic.
toxic.
dehydrated.

you're probably thinking I'm describing myself...it would make sense.
I'm addicted to diet coke and have been beyond nutritional deficient in every sense of the word for years.
but nope.  I'm not describing me.

I'm describing my eight year old baby girl.

modern medicine said she'd outgrow it in time...
                      here's some steroid cream to put on her angry skin until she does.
she poops once a week and it shames the largest man's intestines?
                                            we have a surgery for that when she's older...
she might be allergic to cow milk?
               give her soy...it's better for her anyways.

everything kind of came to a head about a month ago for our house.

sitting in the bathroom with my peanut, watching her cry frustrated tears at another "accident" that she has grown so ashamed and embarrassed of not knowing how to even help her...
I was done with modern "medicine".

2 comments:

  1. jen, while i'm not loving the 'why' behind this change...i am loving this change for you and your family! and i look forward to following along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I was diagnosed as a kindergartner with precocious puberty which sent us on a similar journey. At the time it seemed so unfair, but now we are all much healthier for having made the change. We raise our own beef and grow a garden and feel closer to God doing that.

    ReplyDelete